Top Tips for Cutting Your CarInsurance Costs
- 1. Speak to your broker before you purchase a vehicle to see what the premium will be as aiming for a lower group and a lower value vehicle is a good idea if you are a new driver.
- 2. If it is a low value car consider a third party, fire and theft policy instead of fully comprehensive, but only if this is suitable for your needs.
- Look at whether you can aﬀord an increased excess, but make sure you can aﬀord to pay the excess and be aware that many young driver policies may already start at €250.
- 3. If possible, park your car in a secure location overnight such as a garage or oﬀ road on your driveway. Safe and secure parking can help reduce your insurance premium.
- 4. Discuss your vehicle usage with your insurance provider – you may receive a lower premium if you have limited mileage (under 10,000 km per year) or do not use it to commute.
- 5. Avoid modifications on your car.
- 6. Consider a dashcam (camera) – these can prevent fraud and some brokers can provide discounts so it pays for itself after a little while.
- 7. Consider some post-test training courses, not only will they help make you a safer driver but some they can also help you qualify for insurance discounts.
Be aware that you do not commit insurance fronting as this is a crime and will invalidate your insurance policy if you are caught. For more information on insurance fronting click here.